What To Do If Scanner Stops Working In Windows 10?
Solution 1: Check and Repair Corrupt System Files
- Pres Windows + R to invoke the run dialog box.
- Now type cmd and click the OK button.
- When you see the command prompt, type sfc / scannow and then press Enter.
- Wait until the verification reaches the 100%.
Solution 2: Update Your Scanner Driver
An outdated driver can cause various issues to your scanner. Thus, updating the scanner is necessary and that you can do from your printer manufacturer’s website. If you don’t have patience and time to do so then you can also use Driver Easy tool for the same. Driver Easy recognizes your system and downloads the correct driver for it.
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run the tool and click Scan Now.
- Then click the Update button next to the flagged scanner driver. This will automatically download and install the correct scanner driver for you.
Solution 3: Configure and Start the Related Services
The following service should be started to make your scanner work properly:
- DCOM Server Process Launcher
- Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
- Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
- Shell Hardware Detection
- RPC Endpoint Mapper